The Soto OD-1RX WindMaster Stove is built upon the same award winning design as the OD-1R stove.
• The OD-1RX stove has been designed to allow the pot to be positioned closer to the flame, making it more difficult for wind to penetrate the flame. This increases efficiency and reduces boil time.
• The burner head has been redesigned into a concave design that allows the burner head sides to act as a mini-windscreen.
• The stove's pot support is interchangeable (either a three prong or four prong support). Regardless of the pot size, you will be able to find the right size pot support for your need.
• The Micro Regulator maintains consistent pressure in cold and hot temperatures, allowing the flow of gas to run smoothly. A strong flame is maintained up to -5°C (23°F). Compare this to traditional needle-valve systems, where the flow of gas drops significantly in cold temperatures, requiring more gas and time to heat contents.
The Results of having the Micro Regulator instead of a needle valve system:
• The OD-1RX is able to boil 500ml of water in 5 minutes with wind speeds up to 6.26 mph.
• The WindMaster keeps a consistent boiling time ranging from 4:02 and 4:16 in temperatures 23°F (-5°C) to 68°F (23°C). This cuts the boiling time in half compared to needle valve systems.
How to install the 3 Prong Pot Support
How to install the 4Flex 4 Prong Pot Support